May 9, 2019
The Kelling, Bocovich & Co. team is made up of many dedicated and talented individuals. In our Employee Spotlight series, you'll meet some of these people, learn what they do (on and off the clock), and how they make Kelling, Bocovich & Co. unique and fun. Today the spotlight is on Jennifer Jones.
What I like best about working for Kelling & Bocovich:
There are so many things I LOVE about working at Kelling & Bocovich. A few things that top the list are:
1. We're like a family. We're always trying to push each other to help one another out.
2. I get to connect with our clients daily. It makes my day every time I am able to help a client achieve their goals.
Inhabitants at my residence:
My boyfriend of 13 years, Shawn, and my three dogs (YES, THREE!!) Emma, Sadie, and Bambi.
Favorite vacation spot:
I don't take many vacations, with the exception of an annual family trip to Park Rapids, MN. During the day we play in the sun and water. Each evening we sit around a fire and tell stories, and we play board games into the early hours of the morning.
Motto or Personal Mantra:
Nothing in life is free. If you want it, work for it.
The top three highlights of my life:
1. Having supportive friends and family--My family and friends mean everything to me. I am very lucky to have parents and a boyfriend that sacrificed to ensure my happiness and always pushed me to reach my full potential.
2. Graduating from college--I worked very hard to put myself through undergraduate and graduate school. I'm proud of my experience and accomplishment.
3. Becoming a homeowner--We bought a fixer up and spent the first six months renovating. With help from family and friends, we were able to complete our beautiful home.
People would be surprised to know:
1. I taught high school math for nine years before deciding to make a career change to accounting.
2. I am the self-proclaimed Queen of accessories. I have more costume jewelry, scarves, handbags, and shoes than I can count. You will rarely see me without accessories to match my outfit.
We can all get caught up in the day…meetings, calls, texts, emails and the myriad of other workday demands that pile up quickly and can create unwanted stress.
Labor Day is upon us—a popular holiday that is dedicated to the millions of women and men who keep this country going strong. For many, it also means that it’s time to break out the grill for that big end-of-summer celebration. And because most of us aren’t Grill Masters, this is a good time for a refresh on some basic grilling safety tips to keep everyone safe and the party going.
Let’s face it. Kids aren’t cheap, so you have to save money where you can. Back-to-school shopping is a good place to start because costs can add up quickly—especially if you have more than one child. Consider these tips for sending your kids back to school without breaking the bank.