May 9, 2019
The Kelling, Bocovich & Co. team is made up of many dedicated and talented individuals. In our Employee Spotlight series, you'll meet some of these people, learn what they do (on and off the clock), and how they make Kelling, Bocovich & Co. unique and fun. Today the spotlight is on Jennifer Jones.
What I like best about working for Kelling & Bocovich:
There are so many things I LOVE about working at Kelling & Bocovich. A few things that top the list are:
1. We're like a family. We're always trying to push each other to help one another out.
2. I get to connect with our clients daily. It makes my day every time I am able to help a client achieve their goals.
Inhabitants at my residence:
My boyfriend of 13 years, Shawn, and my three dogs (YES, THREE!!) Emma, Sadie, and Bambi.
Favorite vacation spot:
I don't take many vacations, with the exception of an annual family trip to Park Rapids, MN. During the day we play in the sun and water. Each evening we sit around a fire and tell stories, and we play board games into the early hours of the morning.
Motto or Personal Mantra:
Nothing in life is free. If you want it, work for it.
The top three highlights of my life:
1. Having supportive friends and family--My family and friends mean everything to me. I am very lucky to have parents and a boyfriend that sacrificed to ensure my happiness and always pushed me to reach my full potential.
2. Graduating from college--I worked very hard to put myself through undergraduate and graduate school. I'm proud of my experience and accomplishment.
3. Becoming a homeowner--We bought a fixer up and spent the first six months renovating. With help from family and friends, we were able to complete our beautiful home.
People would be surprised to know:
1. I taught high school math for nine years before deciding to make a career change to accounting.
2. I am the self-proclaimed Queen of accessories. I have more costume jewelry, scarves, handbags, and shoes than I can count. You will rarely see me without accessories to match my outfit.
June is national safety month, and it never hurts to remind your clients and community that safety always comes first. Our goal with this blog is to help you augment your marketing initiatives with a few ideas around safety. While we can’t cover every industry in a single post, we hope that you find the tips below useful and that they spark some innovative new marketing ideas!
It’s graduation season, and for many parents that means it’s almost time to start shelling out for college tuition. For those well-prepared parents with established 529 plans in place, the time has come to tap into that money pool. Of course, when it comes to tax-advantaged savings, trust that the IRS is keeping close watch, so it’s important to avoid making any rookie mistakes. It’s also important to keep saving as you move forward.
Having a remote workforce can be challenging, especially if you are trying to build a positive, collaborative work environment. So, how do you create a sense of comradery when you have staff in remote locations? These tips can help: